Online Instructor-Led Certification BootCamp
DP-500: Designing and Implementing Enterprise-Scale Analytics Solutions Using Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Power BI
4 days Instructor-led training
Candidates for this exam should have advanced Power BI skills, including managing data repositories and data processing in the cloud and on-premises, along with using Power Query and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). They should also be proficient in consuming data from Azure Synapse Analytics and should have experience querying relational databases, analyzing data by using Transact-SQL (T-SQL), and visualizing data.
In this course you will learn to:
Candidates for the Azure Enterprise Data Analyst Associate certification should have subject matter expertise in designing, creating, and deploying enterprise-scale data analytics solutions. Responsibilities for this role include performing advanced data analytics at scale, such as cleaning and transforming data, designing and building enterprise data models, incorporating advanced analytics capabilities, integrating with IT infrastructure, and applying development lifecycle practices. These professionals help collect enterprise-level requirements for data analytics solutions that include Azure and Power BI. They also advise on data governance and configuration settings for Power BI administration, monitor data usage, and optimize performance of the data analytics solutions. Azure enterprise data analysts collaborate with other roles, such as solution architects, data engineers, data scientists, AI engineers, database administrators, and Power BI data analysts. Candidates for this exam should have advanced Power BI skills, including managing data repositories and data processing in the cloud and on-premises, along with using Power Query and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). They should also be proficient in consuming data from Azure Synapse Analytics and should have experience querying relational databases, analyzing data by using Transact-SQL (T-SQL), and visualizing data.
Module 1: Implement and manage a data analytics environment
Govern and administer a data analytics environment
- manage Power BI assets by using Azure Purview
- identify data sources in Azure by using Azure Purview
- recommend settings in the Power BI admin portal
- recommend a monitoring and auditing solution for a data analytics environment, including Power BI REST API and PowerShell cmdlets
Integrate an analytics platform into an existing IT infrastructure
- identify requirements for a solution, including features, performance, and licensing strategy
- configure and manage Power BI capacity
- recommend and configure an on-premises gateway in Power BI
- recommend and configure a Power BI tenant or workspace to integrate with Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
- integrate an existing Power BI workspace into Azure Synapse Analytics
Manage the analytics development lifecycle
- commit code and artifacts to a source control repository in Azure Synapse Analytics
- recommend a deployment strategy for Power BI assets
- recommend a source control strategy for Power BI assets
- implement and manage deployment pipelines in Power BI
- perform impact analysis of downstream dependencies from dataflows and datasets
- recommend automation solutions for the analytics development lifecycle, including Power BI REST API and PowerShell cmdlets
- deploy and manage datasets by using the XMLA endpoint
- create reusable assets, including Power BI templates, Power BI data source (.pbids) files, and shared datasets
Module2:Query and transform data
Query data by using Azure Synapse Analytics
- identify an appropriate Azure Synapse pool when analyzing data
- recommend appropriate file types for querying serverless SQL pools
- query relational data sources in dedicated or serverless SQL pools, including querying partitioned data sources
- use a machine learning PREDICT function in a query
Ingest and transform data by using Power BI
- identify data loading performance bottlenecks in Power Query or data sources
- implement performance improvements in Power Query and data sources
- create and manage scalable Power BI dataflows
- identify and manage privacy settings on data sources
- create queries, functions, and parameters by using the Power Query Advanced Editor
- query advanced data sources, including JSON, Parquet, APIs, and Azure Machine Learning models
Module 3: Implement and manage data models
Design and build tabular models
- choose when to use DirectQuery for Power BI datasets
- choose when to use external tools, including DAX Studio and Tabular Editor 2
- create calculation groups
- write calculations that use DAX variables and functions, for example handling blanks or errors, creating virtual relationships, and working with iterators
- design and build a large format dataset
- design and build composite models, including aggregations
- design and implement enterprise-scale row-level security and object-level security
Optimize enterprise-scale data models
- identify and implement performance improvements in queries and report visuals
- troubleshoot DAX performance by using DAX Studio
- optimize a data model by using Tabular Editor 2
- analyze data model efficiency by using VertiPaq Analyzer
- implement incremental refresh
- optimize a data model by using denormalization
Module 4: Explore and visualize data
Explore data by using Azure Synapse Analytics
- explore data by using native visuals in Spark notebooks
- explore and visualize data by using the Azure Synapse SQL results pane
Visualize data by using Power BI
- create and import a custom report theme
- create R or Python visuals in Power BI
- connect to and query datasets by using the XMLA endpoint
- design and configure Power BI reports for accessibility
- enable personalized visuals in a report
- configure automatic page refresh
- create and distribute paginated reports in Power BI Report Builder
DP-900 and DP-203 certification or equivalent knowledge
Operating System – macOS, Windows 7 or above
Putty software to setup SSH connection
Shivam Sharma – Co-founder, TechScalable
Shivam is an author, cloud architect, speaker, and Co-Founder at TechScalable. Being passionate about ever-evolving technology he works on Azure, GCP, Machine Learning & Blockchain. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer.
Shivam architects’ solutions on Cloud as well on-premises using a wide array of platforms/technologies. Having core training and consulting experience, he is involved in delivering Azure and Machine Learning training to corporates like BCG, Microsoft, Intuit, RedHat, VMWare, HCL, GE, Applied Materials, Dell, Infosys, IBM, Schneider, L&T, TCS, Capgemini, Mercedes-Benz, Oracle, HP, Wipro, Colt, Cipla, LinkedIn, Mindtree.
He is certified in below:
· Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (AZ-104)
· Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
· Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
· Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
· Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
· Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
· Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
· Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Engineer Associate
· Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
· MCSA: Machine Learning – Certified 2018
· MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure — Certified 2018
· MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure — Certified 2016
· Google Cloud Certified – Associate Cloud Engineer
It will be purely Hands-on and Case study driven training program.
In case the batch is cancelled, the amount would be credited back to the payee’s account in 5 working days.
She is having In-depth Knowledge on the subject and excellent presentation skill towards the delivery of the training.
A very systematic and detailed training program, covered many topics in a short span in time. Personally enjoyed the training a lot. Great Instructor.
Mamta is the best trainer I came across. Her excellent teaching skills and courteous personality has helped me tremendously. It is comforting to know that whenever I have a question you answer right away. I have learned so much from you and I look forward to learning more. Thank you for being a remarkable teacher and I am very grateful.
Mamta was precise and detail-oriented in the training approach. She was able to address many of the queries which were relevant to different practical scenarios. Appreciate all the effort and knowledge provided by the trainer.
The trainer was very patient to explain basic concepts in an understandable manner to a non-developer. Has tons of experience and patience.
Fantastic Trainer, very friendly and encouraging. All of the exercises were on a scale of good to excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed your class. The course materials are excellent. Her professional attitude is much appreciated. I have been very pleased with her efforts. Mamta's enthusiasm and passion are exemplary. Some valuable experiences and learning – thank you
It was very interesting and intensive training. Shivam is a very qualified and experienced trainer. Shivam, thank you for your course.
He is friendly and very knowledgeable in the subject.
Having Proficient Knowledge in Cloud Technologies, Great to have him. The Best Trainer in my life so far.
Yes, It was excellent training by the Trainer. He is always ready to clear the doubts at any time. Overall Perfect.
Leave a Reply Now